We’ve been working hard choosing, cutting, and fusing fabrics. We continue to make changes in color and fabric. The image is beginning to take shape. We have been working especially hard on the face and hands. We cut out the form, modelled it with netting, and pinned it to the board. The color of the skin was too yellow, too sallow for the richness of the other hues, and was washed out. We stitched, in black thread, the accent lines for the face, which helped quite a bit, but was still not enough.
I took the pieces home, and worked them with washes of acrylic paint, and some line work, also with acrylic paint. I think this will work out. We will pin up the pieces once again this week, and see how everything is working together. We near the end of this part of the process, and will begin permanently fusing the pieces to the backing soon.