I was camping in Southeastern Oregon this past week, and it was glorious. What an amazing, beautiful place. Filled with surprises and wonders.
Thank you to 1catholicsalmon (http://1catholicsalmon.com) for these honors. I have just recently found this blog, and love the imagery and profound thoughts.
Thank you also to biltrix (http://biltrix.com) one of my all-time favorite blogs that educate and inform with brilliant writing and thought-provoking posts that have changed my thinking on several topics.
I appreciate you both, and send prayers and thanks to you.
For the SuperSweet award, there are 5 questions to be answered:
- Cookie or cake? cookies! Peanut butter chocolate chip
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Deep, dark chocolate ice cream. nothing else compares.
- What is your favourite sweet treat? Deep dark chocolate ice cream, rich and creamy!
- When do you crave sweet things the most? dawn to dark.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I’ve been called Poopface. How sweet is THAT?
For the Thought-Provoking Blog Award, I am to tell 7 things about myself.
1. Today I sat through 6 hours of required training on the topic of “Respectful Working Place”. Which was only marginally better than going to work on my regular shift.
2. Yesterday, at my other job, my till balanced to zero for the 5th week in a row.
3. My dog Larry hurt his leg today. A visit to the vet is slated for tomorrow. We think he tore his ACL. Yes, dogs have ACLs. The surgery is approximately $3,000.00. I will be working 2 jobs for a looooonnnnnng time.
4. I write to my mother in California every Sunday night, and call her in the evenings.
5. I hope to go camping in Southeastern Oregon again, several times more at least.
6. We stopped by the BLM Wild Horse corrals on our trip, and fell in love with a pretty black Mustang mare. I wish I could bring her home with me.
7. My brother told me that he thought the horse of my dreams has a mean face. Hmm. What do you think? I like her. I think she is lovely and bold.
Now comes the awkward part. I am to nominate several (7 to 12) other blogs for each award. I don’t know that many bloggers. I don’t read that many blogs. The ones I did check, already have these awards. So, I am going to drop the ball, and not forward these awards on at this time. Maybe I will discover some that are new to me one day soon, and I will come back and do my proper duty.
Thank you again to 1catholicsalmon, blitrix, and all who follow, comment, or like my blog. I appreciate every one of you.